Friday, December 12, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
So, Meagan did a Get-To-Know-You-Christmas edition on her blog and she said that I would be the one to respond, so here it is-
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Whatever is the easiest way to wrap the gift at the time
2. Real tree or Artificial? Love real tree's, but since we moved to Texas, we don't have the Hagman's to help us out and cut one down for us, so now it is fake....sad.
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? after new years
5. Do you like eggnog? I love it! but, when I was pregnant with Ireland I became allergic to egg yolks, so unless I want to feel super sick, I stay away from it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My international cabbage patch doll from Spain
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Grandpa Gary
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a couple of them
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I prefer to mail them, if I get them done and then if I ever get to the post office, I am terrible when it comes to mailing stuff.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?I can't think of anything at the moment
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation, Elf, the Grinch, A Christmas Story- there are too many to choose from, I love Christmas movies.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Couple of months before Christmas
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm not sure
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Waffles and wassail, we do this every Christmas eve
16. Lights on the tree? White lights on both trees
17. Favorite Christmas song? Walking in a winter wonderland
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This will be our 3rd Christmas in Texas, I'm sure that one of these days we will travel back to Utah for the Holidays
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star on our country/charlie brown tree and an angel on the "fancy" tree as the kids call it
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? open pajamas and a little something else(stuffed animal or a book) on Christmas eve, and everything else on Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The chaos of trying to get everything done,
and people forgetting the real meaning of Christmas
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like old fashioned, country type decor and ornaments
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? basically the same as a Thanksgiving feast
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? World peace =o) really I would love for my kids to understand what Christmas is truly about
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Most everyone I know has done this- so if you are reading this and you have not- then get to it!!
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? ?????
28. List a family tradition that you have implemented in your own family? I mentioned it already- on Christmas Eve Rich makes the best waffles (they have bacon cooked in them) and I make wassail (citrus apple cider) which almost nobody but me drinks, and then the kids open their jammies and we read a Christmas book before they go to bed
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
About the 2nd page-So at the end of every month the kids school, Minshew Elementary, has Colt Round Up. It is basically a pep-rally of sorts. Kids get awards, sometimes they have special people show up, they have a scream off to see which grade gets the spirit stick, you get the idea. Well at the September 26th Colt Round Up, all 3 of my kids were involved. Ireland is in the Music Makers and they performed, both Spencer and Kaston received the Blue Colt Award ( I have no idea what this award is for) and then Kaston very proudly got the Musician of the month award. He was so happy and he milked the attention for as long as he could. For the whole next week at least a few times a day he would say " Mom, are you so proud of me for being the Musician of the month?" It was cute at first, but it started to get old after awhile, especially when I was about to get upset with him and then he would hurry and ask me it. He is so cute, but he can be a real stinker at times =)
The last page is of the school Walk-a-thon, which was a fun fundraiser for the PTA. It was on the same day as the Colt Round Up- My friend Kristi was in charge of putting it together and she did an awesome job!! Every single kid in the school got a t-shirt, for free I tell ya, and they all looked so cute marching around the field. I was able to help out, it was funny to watch the kindergartners walk in a straight line for the first couple of laps, until they figured out they didn't have to, then they took off like wild fire. The kids had a lot of fun and it was for a good cause- a win,win situation. (the center picture is of Mrs. Paine, she is Spencer and Kaston's teacher.)
Friday, October 17, 2008
So after I finished the books I thought that would be a good time to start blogging again- wrong!
We went out of town last weekend (I will blog and post pictures about that trip later) and it was a blast, but when we got home I started to feel a little yucky-
and what do you know-I got Strep Throat!!!
I have felt horrible the past few days- I can barely get out of bed- today is the first time this whole week I have been able to get upstairs to the computer. So this will be the first of many blogs to come- I hope you're ready because I have a lot to blog about.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Last week was a very bitter-sweet week for me- The kids started school- which I think is so great for them, the hard part was letting go of my "babies". The twins started kindergarten and I was so sad to see them go- they have been with me since the day they were born and I think that because they were pre-mature I've always been a little more protective of them, and the fact that I know that there will be no more children after them, it made it a little bit harder for me. Most people send their kids off to school gradually, with twins it's all at once. I had such a fear of feeling all alone once all my kids were gone for the whole day. The first day was somewhat difficult but the night before, after the kids went to bed, I cried my self to sleep so that I could get out all of the tears so I wouldn't cry when I dropped them off.
We got to the school, walked Ireland to her locker so we could help her decorate it (with Zac Effron magnets) then we walked her to her class, gave loves, wished her a wonderful day and said goodbye. (She is a pro at the whole school thing now that she is in 4th grade, she was super excited to start).
Then off to the kindergarten hall- I wasn't sure just how Spencer or Kaston would react- they were so brave- they put their backpacks in their cubbies- Kaston's is a "soldier one" as he calls it (camouflage) and Spencer's is Joe Jonas- whom she adores- she is very proud of that backpack- Then they looked for their name on a table, they each found their own name very quick and easy, they both gave me big hugs and kisses- Spencer didn't look nervous at all, she was just really happy and Kaston had a small look of concern but he was very brave and didn't let his nerves get the best of him, I took a few pictures gave a few last loves and left. Once I got in the car I actually felt relieved. I think I was afraid that they would have a hard time with me leaving them, but since they were okay, it made me feel okay.
Now we are a week into school, and there are moments when I feel a little lonely, like I'm missing something, but for the most part it has been pretty good. Going grocery shopping is a breeze & I am able to start a project at home and actually finish it. It's nice to have a routine and I love hearing about the kids day and seeing how excited they are to learn so many new things. As scared as I was for the first day of school, I think things are working out just fine, and- I am getting better at not feeling guilty when I say that having a break is actually a pretty nice thing.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Today is my best friend's Birthday- She is turning a whopping 30 years old! Now she's an old fart like me. I so wish that I could be in Utah to help celebrate such a big birthday. If I was there I would go and pick out the ugliest, most random balloons- it's tradition- and then I would get a good cake with whipped cream frosting- none of that lard crap- and then give her a big ol' birthday hug. But.... since I'm not there I will just have to send her all my love and wish her the best birthday ever- well at least a really great birthday, it can't be the best if I'm not there =)
I love ya Meag! I hope that your 30's will be your best years ever!! You are an amazing friend, I would not have made it through many tough times without you. You are an awesome mom, daughter, sister, wife and the most wonderful friend that I could ever ask for. You deserve the very best that life has to offer, so... on this, your 30th birthday, that is exactly what I wish for you.
(how do you like the picture- it's the only one I have of you on my computer- I have a huge box of actual pictures, but that would require me to scan one in, and as you know- I'm just not that skilled with the computer yet.)
He's finally here!
Kenyan Tyeler has arrived-
on August 22, 2008
7 lbs. 6.9 oz.
Up until now Kaston has been the baby on my side
of the family-- not any more. My cousin Braydee had this
sweet little boy, she and Nate are now very proud parents.
She had a scheduled C-section and all went very well.
Yesterday we went to see the new happy family for a little bit, the twins still aren't feeling to well so they just looked at him from a distance, but Ireland got to hold Kenyan for a few minutes- which made her very happy. He is very sweet, and I have to say that seeing him really took me back to my memories of when my babies were born- and now in two days they start kindergarten--time goes by way to quick!!
We love you and are very happy for you and your new Bundle of Joy-
Kenyan- Your Sweet Baby Boy!!!
Also......Congrats to- Toni and Craig -the happy Grandparents =o)
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
They played the Toronto Blue Jay's this game, the Rangers lost-shocker! The only good thing that the Ranger's did--they scored a run in the 6th which won everyone a free taco from Taco Bueno- good stuff! Oh, and they have a player that went to Taylorsville High School (the high school in Utah that I went to) I can't remember his name, it wasn't anybody I had ever heard of.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
Today (July 25th) is our 11th anniversary! I can't believe that so much time has passed by so quickly. It feels like it was just yesterday that we said "I do" and yet I feel like I have known Rich my whole life. We are truly blessed to have each other and too have created a family that we are so proud of. I have to give ourselves a pat on the back, in this day and age marriages don't always last and we are still going strong. Not to say that is has always been easy, but if we have made it through all of our trials as well as we have, then I think that the rest will be no problem at all.
In honor of our eleven years together, here is a list of 11 things that we love about each other:
caution....if you don't like mushy stuff then grab your barf bag now =)
Rich says "The thing I love about Kaysee is............"
1. Her spontaneity
2. She is easy going and care free
3. She is very supportive of anything I've ever wanted to do.
4. I think her tattoo's are cool, it shows that she is confident to make a decision that will last forever.
5. She encourages me to always be successful
6. She is adventurous and loves the out doors.(She floats the Green river with me )
7. I have become cultured because of her, she got me into liking plays, we went and saw Wicked and The Lion King on Broadway in NYC.
8. I love that she is so playful and likes to tease and joke around
9. I love all of her different hair styles
10. I love that she is the mother of my children
11. I love the fact that she is my soul mate and that I know that I could not live without her. =)
Kaysee says "The thing I love about Rich is........"
1. He is a great cook and an even better baker. His manicotti and homemade hot fudge pudding cake is to die for!!
2. His sarcastic humor
3. He "lets" me drive his truck and is proud of me that I am able too. (it's an F350, crew cab, long bed-big truck).
4. I love that he is so handy- I say he is a blue collared worker hiding behind a white collared job.
5. He loves to travel and see and do new things
6. That he thinks he can't dance, but I know that he really can, I've caught him showing his rhythm every now and then. :)
7. When he sings to our kids, the way they look at him is priceless.
8. He is a risk taker, we have never been bored with all of his new adventures.
9. His crooked little toe that all of our kids have inherited
10. He can still make me feel like a young girl with a crush, all twitter-pated and stuff.
11. That I know that he will love me unconditionally, always and forever, No Matter What!!
My grandma Audrey once told me that the best present that you could ever give your children is two parents who love each other more than anything. I believe that with all of my heart!!
*Grandma's always give the best advice :)
P.S. "Have I told you lately" by Rod Stewart was the very first song we ever danced to and it was at our wedding- in case you were wondering why it was on my playlist.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
1) Four places that I go to over and over: Walmart, The Jennings pool, the cheap cinemark, bed!
2) Four of my favorite places to eat: Taco Bueno, Saltgrass, Jalapeno Tree, Olive Garden
3) Four places I would rather be right now: Anywhere with Mountains, Flaming Gorge, Disneyland, or New York City.
4) Four TV shows I watch: For the summer (different than what I watch during the TV season)-Big Brother, So You Think You Can Dance, Baby Borrowers & Jon & Kate plus 8!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
I think that these are so fun- it's kind of cool that a little stick figure can say so much about a person.
Rich loves to get out in nature, they did'nt have one holding a fishing pole, so golf is the next best thing. Of course I'm the Queen =)
Ireland is a self proclaimed girly tom-boy. She loves soccer, riding skateboards, rollerblades, and bikes. She has no problem getting mud on her hands, and she can keep up with the boys any day, but when the time calls for it, she can be super girly too.
Spencer looked at me at soccer practice (I was her and Kaston's coach) and said "Mom, you know I am a dancer!", so she won't be playing soccer this Fall, she will be in ballet. She will make a great cheerleader from the sides for her brother and sisters' soccer teams.
Kaston is all boy (with exception to the high pitched whine)- he wants to play every sport there is. He said that when he grows up he wants to be an astronaut fire police man- what ever that is.
He adds such a fun element to our family.
They did'nt have a stick figure for a dog or else I would have added our Malti-poo, Pepper Jack. He goes by P.J.- we got him at trade days (aka swap meet) for $27- an awesome deal for an awesome (most of the time) dog.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Thursday, July 3, 2008
The next generation of Utah/Texas friends
Spencer, Kaston, Ireland, Grady & Hudson
We went to an Easter egg hunt with the Evans family this year.
My kids had so much fun, they said that now we have to do it every
year. It would be way cool if we were able to.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
A-Attached or single: Attached
B- Best Friend: Meagan Evans
C-Cake or Pie: Chocolate cake & Lemon cake- yum!
D-Day: Today is Wednesday @ 12:30am
E- Essential Item: tweezers
F-Favorite Color: Primary colors
G-Gummi Bears or Worms: both- I love the red and clear ones!
H-Home town: McKinney, Texas
J- January or July?: July- as long as I am in a house or a pool- so hot in Texas!!
K-Kids: 5 if you include my husband and my dog
L-Life is incomplete without: The special little moments with my babies
M- Marriage Date: July 25, 1997 (we got married just two months after our very first date)
N-Number of Siblings: 1 awesome little sister, Jensen -and a half sister in Tacoma, WA
O- Oranges or Apples: Apples- especially with caramel on them :)
P- Phobias or Fears: earwigs and car crashes
Q- Quote: "I have not failed, I have simply found ten thousand ways that won't work" Thomas Edison
R- Reason To Smile: Friends and family
S- Season: Fall in Utah, there is no such thing in Texas
T- Tigger or Pooh- I love them both.
U- Unknown fact about me: I love the discovery channel (all of them)
V- Very Favorite Store: Disney Store
W- Worst Habit: procrastination
X-Rays or Ultrasounds: Ultrasounds are way cooler
Y-Your favorite food: Mexican
Z: Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Monday, June 30, 2008
My kids will be so proud to share all of their special moments with everyone, and I will be happy to vent when they are driving me crazy! ;) I am excited to "try" to keep this updated, I will do my best.
....to be continued.