These were the best Christmas presents ever.....Spencer and Kaston.
So, Meagan did a Get-To-Know-You-Christmas edition on her blog and she said that I would be the one to respond, so here it is-
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Whatever is the easiest way to wrap the gift at the time
2. Real tree or Artificial? Love real tree's, but since we moved to Texas, we don't have the Hagman's to help us out and cut one down for us, so now it is fake....sad.
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? after new years
5. Do you like eggnog? I love it! but, when I was pregnant with Ireland I became allergic to egg yolks, so unless I want to feel super sick, I stay away from it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My international cabbage patch doll from Spain
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Grandpa Gary
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a couple of them
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I prefer to mail them, if I get them done and then if I ever get to the post office, I am terrible when it comes to mailing stuff.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?I can't think of anything at the moment
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation, Elf, the Grinch, A Christmas Story- there are too many to choose from, I love Christmas movies.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Couple of months before Christmas
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm not sure
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Waffles and wassail, we do this every Christmas eve
16. Lights on the tree? White lights on both trees
17. Favorite Christmas song? Walking in a winter wonderland
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This will be our 3rd Christmas in Texas, I'm sure that one of these days we will travel back to Utah for the Holidays
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star on our country/charlie brown tree and an angel on the "fancy" tree as the kids call it
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? open pajamas and a little something else(stuffed animal or a book) on Christmas eve, and everything else on Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The chaos of trying to get everything done,
and people forgetting the real meaning of Christmas
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like old fashioned, country type decor and ornaments
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? basically the same as a Thanksgiving feast
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? World peace =o) really I would love for my kids to understand what Christmas is truly about
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Most everyone I know has done this- so if you are reading this and you have not- then get to it!!
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? ?????
28. List a family tradition that you have implemented in your own family? I mentioned it already- on Christmas Eve Rich makes the best waffles (they have bacon cooked in them) and I make wassail (citrus apple cider) which almost nobody but me drinks, and then the kids open their jammies and we read a Christmas book before they go to bed