Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Spencer & Kaston!!




My babies turned 6 today. I cannot believe how fast the time has gone by- with twins it feels like it went by twice as fast. My mom came into town yesterday- I didn't tell the kids that she was coming so we surprised them when they got off the bus- they were very excited to see her. It was nice having her here to help me today, we went and had lunch with the twins (and Ireland), we took cupcakes for them to hand out to their class- the cupcakes were half chocolate and half vanilla with Bratz and Speed Racer rings on them. After school they opened their presents and then we went to a place called the Studio Movie Grill (it is a restaurant and movie theater in one, you sit in big comfy office chairs and the server brings you anything you need throughout the movie- so fun) We saw "High School Musical 3" the kids loved it!
All in all, it was a great day, I had a much better day today than I did 6 years ago at this time. Having pre-mature twins was one of the, if not the, hardest things I have ever done in my life. To not know if your baby (or babies in my case) are going to survive is the worst thing for any parent to have to deal with. We were very blessed that Spencer, all 4 lbs. of her, was as healthy as any full term baby, but our sweet Kaston was not as fortunate. His lungs were not developed and he ended up having to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks. The doctors told us that if he was born a decade earlier, he would not have lived- scary!!
But, here we are 6 years later, and the two of them are doing very well. They are doing great in school, they have super cute personalities and we absolutely adore each of them very much.
We just love our little Penkie and Kas, even if they are Double Trouble! =o)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Okay so here I am the Delinquent Aunt. Happy birthday you two. I hope you had a wonderful day. I can't believe you are six. For some odd reason say they are six kinda makes me feel old.

FosterFam said...

AWWW! My little cutie-patooties! I love seeing Spencer's sweet smile everyday...Kaston is probably still mad at me from the playground episode...nah...

2 weeks in the NICU...I feel ya! That part made me wanna bust a tear out... :( I think my tiredness is making me emotion!