Friday, January 23, 2009

Where is the Snow???

So last year we had an awesome snow storm that was a small taste of what we used to get in Utah. We had so much fun- the snow started to come down real strong at 9 pm, so I bundled my kids up and we went out and played in it for almost 2 hours. Ireland was excited to play in snow that felt soft and fluffy like we used to get, instead of the snow cone snow that fell the first winter we were in Texas. During winter 2006-2007 I would laugh as I drove by houses where kids were out front building snowmen (or dirtmen is more of what they looked like) in a half inch of snow, Ireland said "why are they out there, it is such a waste of time?" I guess we were spoiled and we took for granted the beautiful winter wonderland that we lived in- the saying "you don't miss it til it's gone" is so true. Rich could care less about the snow, he is delighted that we moved away from it, but if you can't tell, I miss it terribly.

It was very nice to see that Texas does get a good old fashioned snow storm every now and then.
(and then be 75 degrees the very next day, I guess I'll take what I can get) I am just waiting very patiently for one this winter, although seeing that right now I have on shorts and flip flops, I don't see it happening any time soon.

The pics below are from last years good times in the "real" snow.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I am glad to see you are posting again. We had a lot of snow around Christmas but now all it does is rain. Hopefully soon we will get some more of that fantastic white stuff.

Meagan said...

Good Times!!! I am glad to see your house, you should post more pics of it! I need to know what stuff looks like.

Sandy said...

Hey Kaysee, how are you doing? I have decided to join the blogging world. Check out my blog at meyerx5.blogspot.com