Sunday, March 1, 2009

A day at the Forth Worth Stockyards

There was so much for us to do and see when we moved here from Utah, but one our favorites is the Fort Worth Stockyards. In January we took my uncle Randy and my Grandma Audrey there. We had a fun time walking through all of the neat little western shops, the kids had fun at the candy store and then we watched the "huge" cattle drive. Longhorns are really cool looking animals and I had always wondered what they were good for, but as the picture below shows, I guess you ride them.....who needs a horse??

This is what we do to pass the time in Texas, we ride cows. =o)
Ireland, Spencer and Kaston thought that getting to sit
on Big Jake was really awesome.


3 for the price of 1- silly kids

myself, Randy and my Grams
Rich took the pic and I have to say he did a
great job of fitting us and the sign in ever so nicely.
LOOK OUT....IT'S A STAMPEDE!! hehe

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Good times on a cow!! Can't beat that! :)

Charles Jenny Hailey Hayden said...

Cute pictures! :)