Thursday, June 18, 2009

***Go Sponge Bobs!!!***

Kaston #10- The Sponge Bobs Spring Season 2009



Rolie, Kaysee, Alexander, Brendan, Kaston & Dean



Alex was always good for a laugh!



Brendan had to get in on the action =o)
I am very behind on my blogging, so I am going to start posting random blogs as often as I can-

Starting with Soccer....For those of you that don't know, I was the head coach for Kaston's soccer team, The Sponge Bobs (that's what happens when you let a 5 year old name the team) and Rich was the assistant coach. We coached for 3 seasons and had a blast for the most part. The responsibility was hard at times when it came to practices-Rich wasn't always able to be there due to work and let's face it, there were days I didn't feel like playing soccer- plus Ireland plays soccer and it never failed that we had conflicting practice and game times- but, besides all of the little frustrations that come with being a coach, we truly enjoyed coaching these kids.

This Fall Kaston has decided to test his skills at baseball so we will no longer be coaching- our parents of the team were sad but understanding- I kept teasing them all and saying that I would hate to continue to rob them of the experience of coaching their own child- they told me they were fine with us doing it-- but, sadly (yet somewhat relieved) we have to pass the torch.

We had our soccer party at a park- we handed out trophies, gave out awards- Kaston's was for best team player because he was always great at assisting his team mates- we had cupcakes and let the kids play while the parents talked- it was nice to hang out as one of the parents rather than have to be in coach mode. There is a part of me that is very sad that I'm not continuing to be Kaston's coach, but the logical side of me says it is a smart move- I tend to spread myself too thin at times, as I'm sure most moms do.
All in all, it was a great experience that I will remember and cherish forever!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Way to go Coach Kaysee!!! It looks like you had a blast!!

Sandy said...

It looked like you all had a great time. I think it is easier to be a parent in the stand than a parent coach. The kids are growing so fast. We can't wait to see you in July. Give everyone our love.

Whitney Jo said...

GO SOCCER MOM! Your awesome Kaysee!