Thursday, July 3, 2008

Friends are the family you get to choose :)








So the one thing that is really bad about moving to a new place is leaving your loved ones behind.


It is easy to take for granted your family and friends when you live close to them, it is when you leave that you realize how much you need them. Even though you may not have seen each other very often when you were just a few minutes away, it was the comfort of knowing that you could if you needed or wanted to.


Now that we live in Texas, I so miss the friendships that were made in Utah. It was so nice to hang out with someone who knew everything about me and my family (and still loved me anyways), there isn't wasted time with small talk, only great conversation, sometimes about nothing, other times about the most serious stuff going on in our lives. It is hard to open up to new people and it is funny how when you start explaining your life and your past to someone new, you start to realize just how crazy your life really is.


I know that my Utah friends will always be a part of my life, I just never imagined not being able to hang out whenever we wanted. I guess now it is about the quality of time spent together, not the quanity.


P.S. Meag you have helped me get through this move in more ways than you know- Just our everyday random conversations have helped make me feel that you are not so far away. Thank goodness for phones and computers!! :)

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Love you tons Kays!!!!